New GLCs stuck at port for 10 weeks - any idea what's going on?

ksgoldman

Reactions
I ordered my new GLC on January 14th. Was told it would be built in April because I ordered red and they only did red every few months. Okay I was patient. Was told car would ship end of April and arrive in port (Baltimore) early May. Dealer confirmed build on time, and that it arrived in port. Based on confirmation that my car was at the VPC in Baltimore I went and paid for it and signed the lease paperwork. Was told to expect car by mid May. Didn't arrive mid May. Dealer kept telling me to expect it any day.

Then dealer tells me all new GLCs stuck at port waiting for software updates and that my car would be released from the VPC on May 31st and delivered to dealer today. When I called today, they told me that the cars are now delayed until mid July still stuck at VPC.

Obviously Mercedes is keeping something from us. I'm told by my dealer that every Mercedes dealer in the country is having the same issue and that they are furious with Mercedes.

Something is going on and Mercedes isn't being honest. Makes me wish I had bought another Audi (had six of them and every one was trouble free.

Anyone know what's going on?

Reactions
Curious did you get your car yet?

OP
K

ksgoldman

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
No - still waiting.

The actual answer I was given by Mercedes is that some (seemingly large number) of GLCs were built with defective door hinges which need to be replaced. Since they don't stock door hinge in large numbers, they have to manufacture replacement hinges, ship them over to the port, and install them.

I'm still told that my car should be released from the port by July 15th.

Fingers crossed.

Reactions
Sorry to hear, hope you get it soon. I guess with anything safety related its better to be safe than sorry.

albert

Reactions
In Singapore...it's a year wait but it's getting better...9 months
I booked mine NOT from MB dealer and it's 4 months but 2 months had passed.[rockon]