First impressions

decorily

Reactions
Hi All, collected my new GLC 250d yesterday. Had test driven 220d before ordering. My previous 3 cars were VW Touareg 2.5tdi.

First impressions are....some wind noise from top of front door area - sounds like the glass is left slightly open. Disappointing for a Mercedes!
LED lights are brilliant on dipped beam on twisty country roads - good on high beam but probably not as good as I expected.
Lighting for the boot/trunk is above the retractable cover so if you open it at night with the cover closed it is black dark!
Gearbox is smooth and engine has lots of 'Go'.
Stalk on steering for cruise control is completely hidden from view - won't bother me as I never use it!

Overall very happy so far.

OP
D

decorily

Reactions
Thread Starter #2
Add to above after 3 days of driving..........

Parking sensor lights are positioned in what I think are crazy positions (front and rear). Front are in the instrument panel just above speedo - you have to take your eyes off the road away from the windscreen to see them. My previous 3 cars were VW Touaregs which had the sensors on top of the dash in the windscreen area directly in line of view where you couldn't but see them as you looked at area you were moving in. Rear lights are positioned way too far forward on roof so that if the rear view mirror is properly positioned to frame the rear window the sensors cannot be seen in the mirror- they needed to be placed as close as possible to the rear window.