Dynamic Drive Setting on 2017 GLC43 Coupe

Lenny

Reactions
I took delivery of my 2017 GLC43 Coupe 6 weeks ago and immediately set my individual "Dynamic Drive" Settings.

Sport Steering
Sport Suspension
Comfort Engine & Transmission

And I noticed that the car did not always come to a smooth stop, and often experienced a rather jerky slowdown just prior to coming to the full stop. It was random, and it was very annoying - until I figured out the problem.

It is important to set the Individual Mode when the car is in park. I would often forget to set the "Individual Mode" on startup and then shift into "Individual Mode" once underway.

If you shift into "Individual Mode" once the car is in Drive, the steering and suspension will be set properly, however the transmission is set into "Sport Mode" - hence the jerky transmission prior to coming to a full stop.

I hope the "Forum" finds this posting helpful.

Lenny

ATXGLC

Reactions
My GLC43 seems to be jerky during acceleration in Sport Mode whenever its cold. Doesn't happen as often after I've driven it for a while. Have you noticed something similar?

OP
L

Lenny

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I don't use sport mode because of the jerky slowdown, but I have noticed that even with comfort mode, that sometimes (very very rare) that acceleration is not as smooth as expected.

ATXGLC

Reactions
I don't use sport mode because of the jerky slowdown, but I have noticed that even with comfort mode, that sometimes (very very rare) that acceleration is not as smooth as expected.
Hasn't happened to me in comfort mode yet. Sometimes I wonder if the jerks were by design or a flaw in the transmission.