Can the locale settings be changed by the owner?

io io

Reactions
Do you know if there's a setting allowing you to read the temperature in Celsius and the time in 24 hours format?
I don't know if there's any permanent display showing the current date, but in case there is, can you change it in any non-USA format?
I am not American but I'll be living in USA for a couple of years. I will leave after that and plan of taking the car outside USA. I would prefer to not see these values at all than to see them in a format I do not understand and is very confusing for a non American.
I intend to purchase a GLC 4matic and I would need to know the answers to the questions above before I commit to it.

Thank you for any info on this topic.

Reactions
Under System Settings and Time you can change the format. Unfortunately you can't change the temperate display to Celsius .

OP
io io

io io

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Thank you, GLCMike.
It looks that all the people living in USA who do not know or understand American Freiheit, are not allowed to buy a safe Mercedes car. The engine and outside temperature are important factors for an engine to operate and for the driver to monitor and assess the engine condition and the driving conditions regarding to speed, braking, coolant, defrosting, and more... Indeed, there are sensor gauges and warning lights monitoring the engine, and maybe the outside temperature. However, I will never put 100% the safety of my family in the hands of a mechanical piece of engineering and software system, without being myself in control.

I hope that Mercedes staff is monitoring these forums and will respond professionally if they will own responsibility in any life threatening cases where the outside temperature was not properly available to the driver, or in cases of warranty requests.

I will appreciate any options and suggestions in dealing with this issue, including European delivery and software hacking.
Thank you very much to you and to anybody else having any suggestions.

Reactions
Are you able to purchase a GLC from the Canadian market?

OP
io io

io io

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Hi GLCMike,
I guess I am. I live in Alaska and I could make a short trip to the closest city in Canada having a Mercedes dealership. I bet that this is Seattle/Vancouver.
The problem I see for me is that I intend to take advantage of the European Delivery option and this does not offer same benefits as for USA (7% discount, free delivery to USA, factory visit, free hotel, and maybe some more).
Another fact it might be that for any type of financing I am nobody to a Canadian bank vs. to an American one. I might need to pay full cash.
Thanks.

GLCFan

Staff Member
Reactions
Sad thing is MB used to have this feature on their older models. The newer models they took that ability away.

OP
io io

io io

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Another sad thing (actually sadder) is that Mercedes-Benz joined the new club of companies not considering the buyers "customers" anymore. These companies pretend to know better what the buyers want and apply constraints to non-technological type features, aggressively:
-Samsung and LG forces you to download spam and ads to the TV sets you purchased for even over 3000 us dollars.
-Microsoft forces you to disclose and share your privacy and searches in Windows 10. The software update is not a buyer's option anymore.
-Sony applies firmware updates to their newer Blu-Ray players without buyer's option to delay or cancel it. The item you originally purchased disappears.
-Now... Mercedes. Sad and frustrating bitter taste. I'm considering a Jaguar F-Pace now just for this defect alone... I really love the GLC though...