Backup Audible signal

Menauhant

Reactions
I have a 2017 GLC300 4Matic with the Back Up Camera. It works great but the audible signal stopped working. I am thinking that I have made a setting adjustment that turned it off but don't know how I did it and can not find a way to turn it on. The manual shows a switch located just above the light switch knob that my car does not have. So my question is how do I get the audible signal to work again, I don't really want to bring it back to the dealer for something that may be a simple fix. Thank you for any help that anybody can offer. Without the signal I find it not very safe to be in reverse.

GLCFan

Staff Member
Reactions
Have you tried doing a system reset? Under System Settings?

OP
M

Menauhant

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Have you tried doing a system reset? Under System Settings?
I have not tried this but I did see the option to do a system reset. My reason for not trying it is that I think that will reset everything back to the factory settings and I will have to reset everything that I have set. If I don't find a better answer I will try this. Thank you for your reply.

GLCFan

Staff Member
Reactions
I forgot to note that the button above the light switch is for vehicles equipped with PARKTRONIC. I've tried looking around my car again and didn't see anything that would enable you to adjust the volume.

OP
M

Menauhant

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
I forgot to note that the button above the light switch is for vehicles equipped with PARKTRONIC. I've tried looking around my car again and didn't see anything that would enable you to adjust the volume.
Thank you for your efforts, I think I should check with the Dealers Service Manager. If I get a solution I will post it here.

OP
M

Menauhant

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
I checked with the dealer and was told that the camera itself does not have an audible warning signal unless you have Parktronkic. I have no reason not to believe him but both my wife and I are sure there was a beeping signal if I was backing up and a person or a car walked behind the car. I find it very difficult to think that MB would release a car with a backup camera that does not have an audible signal. I usually drive a pickup with a back up camera, has the same graphics as this CLA300 and it has a provides an audible signal if something or somebody enters the backup field of view. It also beeps as you get close to any structure behind you. If I had know this feature was not included I would not have bought this model car. So in closing if I wanted this saftey feature I should have gone for the optionPARKTRONIC.

festgiven

Reactions
I had the same question, but they showed my that I had no rear sensors in bumper.
I dont understand how you have all that tech and no sensors in the front and rear to
help you with parking. Also no pandora or carplay. Also my Mbrase buttons just stopped
working. I have to bring it to the dealership to get serviced.

Reactions
Yup that's how MB gets you with everything being an option these days. That being said I'm glad I purchased parktronics on mine as it makes it so much easier to pull into the garage.

OP
M

Menauhant

Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Thanks for confirming what the dealer told me. I now have 5K miles and no issues with the car. It handles well and I am averaging 28MPG.

OP
M

Menauhant

Reactions
Thread Starter #10
Yes that is how MB gets you, I just wish they had explained it during the sales process I would have paid for the Parktronics. I just rode in a RX Lexus and was impressed with how the camera gave signals and warning from the front and back. I am sure the MB Parktronics is just as good if not better.

OP
M

Menauhant

Reactions
Thread Starter #12
Thanks I will check this out.