2015 GLK 350 4matice Tail Gate Issue

JSP

Reactions
Hello, My tailgate is out of alignment. The electric gate lift works perfectly but the tailgate is out of alignment on the upper left side (driver side) by about 3/4 of an inch. Could the problem be the actuator on the left hinge? How do I adjust the tailgate to be even out gaps on both sides? Any help work is appreciated. Thanks JSP

johnnyc

Reactions
ill check this week for a fix and let you know!

OP
J

JSP

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
GLK Lift Gate Alignment Issue

ill check this week for a fix and let you know!
Hi Johnny, I look forward to your repsonse. Thanks Joe

johnnyc

Reactions
After a quick investigation, it appears the first probably cause of liftgate misalignment could be that the hinges (part number a2047400737 LEFT & a2047401600 RIGHT) are not secured to the body work. From what you are describing specifically LEFT hinge. These can shift from a hard impact to the liftgate.

This will require the removal of the headliner and interior trim to examine and removal of the outside roof spoiler.

OP
J

JSP

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
GLK Lift Gate Alignment Issues

After a quick investigation, it appears the first probably cause of liftgate misalignment could be that the hinges (part number a2047400737 LEFT & a2047401600 RIGHT) are not secured to the body work. From what you are describing specifically LEFT hinge. These can shift from a hard impact to the liftgate.

This will require the removal of the headliner and interior trim to examine and removal of the outside roof spoiler.
Johnny C, thank you for your response. I will check to see if the bolts are secure on both the body side and on the tailgate. It appears the body side hinge does not adjust and do you know if the tail gate side hinge is adjustable?

Also, the MB dealer thought it could be the electric lift gate actuator that is causing the problem but would have to use the process of elimination to idenitfy the problem. Which means a major bill! $$$$

I will keep you posted on the outcome after securing the hinge bolts. Thanks again JSP