New to the community

Deadly GLC

Reactions
Good Day All, I'm new to the GLC forum and would kindly like to say hello. :)

OP
D

Deadly GLC

Reactions
Thread Starter #2
My car was towed into Mercedes 4/2/20. On 4/2/20 I received the car back and the issue was reoccurring again. The car was towed in a second time to Mercedes on 4/6/20 and is currently in the shop.

On take-off the car will jump forward and the traction control will engage without reason. Every time it has occurred, the ground has been dry without sand or debris. On two occasions when pulling out onto a busy freeway, the car has jumped forward and the tracking control has engaged cutting almost all power, edging enough to put myself into direct on coming traffic. I stomped on the accelerator pedal and the car would not move forward for a few seconds until the traction control would disengage. I was EXTREMELY lucky on both occasions that the driver of both cars were paying attention to the road. Otherwise my niece and myself would have been injured or killed along with the oncoming driver and anyone else in their car. I have asked for Mercedes Customer Care to buy it back and release me from the lease ASAP. Driving this vehicle is a safety hazard putting my family, myself and anyone else on the road in harms way.

If anyone has any advice.. please chime in on how to help release me from this leased vehicle. Thank you in advance for your assistance and stay healthy.

Last edited:
OP
D

Deadly GLC

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I have also had Collision Prevention false alarms.

Most of the time it's just the 2 beeps but I have also had the car brake for no reason from time to time with no obstruction.

GLCya63

Reactions
That's terrible what you went through. Good thing you and your family is safe from those incidents. Have you checked in other forums or articles for any major recalls? Hopefully MB does the right thing and either fixes it or gets you out if the lease. Good luck and stay safe.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
That's terrible what you went through. Good thing you and your family is safe from those incidents. Have you checked in other forums or articles for any major recalls? Hopefully MB does the right thing and either fixes it or gets you out if the lease. Good luck and stay safe.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Thank you GLCya63 !!

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
I sent a follow up email and also left a voicemail this morning for an update but didn't received a response. Later this afternoon I called and requested a different representative and asked for my point of contact. The lady I spoke with said "he was occupied and couldn't take my call". I have listed my point of contact below. If anyone has another contact at Mercedes, please send me a private message. Unfortunately next step will be to get my attorney involved.

Roman
Executive Referral Manager
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC
(800) 367-6372 (ext. 6212)

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Mercedes Customer Care has still not reached out to help.. I received the car from the dealer and it is back in the shop. Service visit # 5. Check engine light came on once again and transmission is still giving me issues. This is my 3rd Mercedes and probably my last.