Mercedes Garmin Map Pilot for GLC 2016

Reactions
Hi,

My Mercedes sales person tells me that the Garmin Map Pilot is and will not be available for GLC 2016. Is this correct?

Freddy

Reactions
Right now its only available for the C-Class, CLA-Class, and CLS-Class.

[video=youtube;CJAID3LfV_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJAID3LfV_U[/video]

decorily

Reactions
Certainly is available in Europe!

BRPatel

Reactions
Garmin Map Pilot

Certainly is available in Europe!
It's shame that its not available in US. Why Mercedes do that? Is there any software update so US model can use Garmin Map Pilot?
Mercedes are you reading this?[poke]

B.R. Pater

BRPatel

Reactions
Garmin Map Pilot

I surprised that you read my post.
Well here is the situation; I purchased brand new 2016 GLC 300 which does not have factory installed GPS.
I tried to find ways to get GPS. I read and saw on YouTube several ways Mercedes can have GPS. I tried all and including talking to local Mercedes dealer. Last attempt was to get Garmin Map Pilot (Part # A2139062704 ) which I have in my hand.
Problem is the car DOES NOT HAVE SD Slot. It has 2- USB slots. I have Navi button on my console but it's "FAKE" one. I do have "Audio 20" system.
Even though you and AMAZON advertise that the said map works in 2016 GLC model it does not.
So what do I believe?
It will be miracle if you can help me before I return my SD card.

Thank you.
B.R. Patel

Last edited:
Reactions
Follow these steps.

[video=youtube;VkPdajzWciM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkPdajzWciM[/video]

I surprised that you read my post.
Well here is the situation; I purchased brand new 2016 GLC 300 which does not have factory installed GPS.
I tried to find ways to get GPS. I read and saw on YouTube several ways Mercedes can have GPS. I tried all and including talking to local Mercedes dealer. Last attempt was to get Garmin Map Pilot (Part # A2139062704 ) which I have in my hand.
Problem is the car DOES NOT HAVE SD Slot. It has 2- USB slots. I have Navi button on my console but it's "FAKE" one. I do have "Audio 20" system.
Even though you and AMAZON advertise that the said map works in 2016 GLC model it does not.
So what do I believe?
It will be miracle if you can help me before I return my SD card.

Thank you.
B.R. Patel

Reactions
Sorry just read your post again. The Audio 20 doesn't support the Garmin as there is no GPS antenna, you have to purchase a retrofit kit.

ATXGLC

Reactions
Did you check your sticker to confirm yours doesn't have a pre-wiring?

Here's my sticker.