1st time Mercedes owner.

David T.

Reactions
Hi.

Great forum to learn about my recent purchase of a 2014 GLK250.
I live in Southern Alberta close to Lethbridge & have owned 3 VW TDI Jett's, the last of which a 2012 was traded for my current GLK & absulutly no regrets.
The VW is great for fuel economy & the 2006 I still own as my commuter vehicle is awesome but my Wife's factory ordered 2012 unfortunately took a downturn in comfort & quality thus the reason for trading it.
But for that reason, we started shopping for another vehicle & I am very surprised at the comfort & quality we have in the GLK for the money spent!
I was determined to own an Audi Q5 diesel but couldn't justify the price tag of a 50,000 km (31,000 mile) preowned Q5.
My son bought a 2012 GLK350 about 6 months ago & recommended to look at the Mercedes diesel. If it were not for him, I would have never thought of looking at a Mercedes Benz as the name in my mind has always ment "Old & Rich" lol. I know better now but that is I think a commen attitude towards the Mercedes brand name. Maybe not a fair comment but my opinion anyways.

This GLK met my requirements in a crossover SUV in comfort, fuel economy, price, quality, warranty, options & resale value (in that order).
Options include premium, lane assist, rear fog light <way cool>, leather seats are heated & electric & heated steering wheel.
The only option I wanted that is missing is distronic. For those that have this option, how do you like it?

It only had 29,306 km (18,200 miles) & came with extended warranty ($350 to transfer to my name), was a 1 owner local vehicle & accident free, all of which were important to me. So, I am super excited to join the Mercedes family & look forward to many happy miles travelling to see my 1st GrandBaby Daughter who lives 3 hours away!

Thanks for letting me share a bit about myself!