Welcome to the #1 Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum and Mercedes GLA community dedicated to Mercedes-Benz GLA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Mercedes-Benz GLA today!

Starting and Squealing

RSM

Reactions
Two issues:

When the car was purchased in August of 2017 I had one occasion where it turned over twice but did not start. Third time off I went! The dealership found nothing. Same thing just happened a few days ago. The main battery was just replaced (indicated failure with an error code), so I doubt that is the culprit. Anyone else have a similar experience?

My driver's door has developed a metallic shriek when closing. Not every time but often enough to be really irritating. I lubricated the latch mechanism with some grease but that made no difference and seems to me should not be necessary. It seems to be coming from the latch but it is hard to tell.

Sigh...

ATXGLA

Reactions
Two issues:

When the car was purchased in August of 2017 I had one occasion where it turned over twice but did not start. Third time off I went! The dealership found nothing. Same thing just happened a few days ago. The main battery was just replaced (indicated failure with an error code), so I doubt that is the culprit. Anyone else have a similar experience?

My driver's door has developed a metallic shriek when closing. Not every time but often enough to be really irritating. I lubricated the latch mechanism with some grease but that made no difference and seems to me should not be necessary. It seems to be coming from the latch but it is hard to tell.

Sigh...
Replace your remote battery. The exact thing happened to me, thought it was the car battery but it turned out to be a the remote battery.

OP
R

RSM

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Thanks! I'll bring that up with the dealer.