Welcome to the #1 Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum and Mercedes GLA community dedicated to Mercedes-Benz GLA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Mercedes-Benz GLA today!

Lesser Known Features You've Discovered

RSM

Reactions
This was a hugely popular thread on a CLA site which I used to frequent before trading it in for a 2016 GLA 4Matic.

So what are some of the lesser known features you've discovered of your GLA?

Reactions
Congrats!

One cool feature that I found through my salesman is holding down on the lock button on the door handle closes any open windows.

ATXGLA

Reactions
I like that fact that I'm able to copy over all my CDs into the car without having to keep the discs in there.

OP
R

RSM

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Not sure how many people are familiar with the "Hold" feature. When you come to a stop and further depress the brake pedal "Hold" will appear on your display and the car will remain stationary even on a steep hill without holding the brake. Once you accelerate the hold is released. Great when waiting for lights to change on a steep incline with some moron pulled right up to your rear bumper.

Reactions
Not sure how many people are familiar with the "Hold" feature. When you come to a stop and further depress the brake pedal "Hold" will appear on your display and the car will remain stationary even on a steep hill without holding the brake. Once you accelerate the hold is released. Great when waiting for lights to change on a steep incline with some moron pulled right up to your rear bumper.
I love that feature and I've actually almost gotten in an accident while mistakenly forgetting that there's no Hold feature on my wife's Audi lol.

GLAFan

Staff Member
Reactions
If you push the right adjustment button on the right side mirror and leave it on, each time you back up the mirror tilts down to give you better visibility during backups.

The favorite "Star" button can be programed to quickly engage the parking camera.

OP
R

RSM

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Holding down the door open button on the key will open all of the windows and the pano roof. Holding down the lock button will do the reverse!

RonGLA

Reactions
The illuminated star on the grill can be dealer installed.

The tailgate can height can be manually set to any height level by stopping pushing the stop button and then pushing again for three seconds until you hear the beep sound.